Glenville Baptist Church
Glenville Baptist Church is a small, country church with a community of believers committed to serving God and loving our neighbors. We have a beautiful church building with an attached educational building, a cemetery located behind the church, and a 2-3 bedroom parsonage next to the church. We are seeking a Senior Pastor to lead our congregation in spiritual growth and service. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication abilities, and a deep commitment to the ministry.
The Senior Pastor will preferably have at least five years’ ministry experience as a Senior Pastor.
The Senior Pastor will have a Seminary degree.
The qualities of a Senior Pastor that are most important to our congregation are:
- Dedication to the Lord, our church, and our community
- Kindness and concern for all members; someone who is outgoing and easy to talk to
THE SENIOR PASTOR WILL HAVE:
- A calling to this ministry
- A deep understanding of and commitment to the Bible, Christian theology, and the Baptist tradition
- Solid preaching ability
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- A heart for visitation and the ability to provide compassionate and empathetic support to congregation members in times of need
- A heart for visitation to those new to the community or who are unchurched
- A heart for missions, both in our community, our region, and worldwide through support of the cooperative program
The Senior Pastor will have:
- A vision for reaching the lost in the local community
- A vision for the numerical growth of the congregation and its various ministries
- Goals for increased attendance and participation in church worship and activities
- A passion for pastoral care for the elderly, sick, shuts-ins, bereaved and lonely
- A vision for developing programs for the youth and children of the church
To apply for this job email your details to GlenvillePastorSearch@outlook.com